Monday, March 16, 2009

count your many blessings...

or in this case, your one blessing. that's right, sofi became legal as of march 8th, 2009. she's all blessed and beautiful and i had an excuse to have a large percentage of my family and friends here (i was going to try and sound smart by writing an actual percentage, but then i got confused with how many we are and how many weren't here, so i gave up...moving on...)



andy's parents came up and brought dinner and chocolates with them from sandy, utah. thanks richard and rebecca! i was also so happy to be able to be in the same house as my brothers, a handful of nephews, and so many of our good buddies. thanks to everyone who came and participated in this incredible event...and thanks to sofi for being born at a time that made it so convenient for everyone to be here. you go girl! oh sheesh, did i just say that out loud. sorry to all those who had to read that. i guess i'm a smidge on the exhausted side thanks to said precious girl.

ps i know that picture of her is semi-goofy, but its all i've got. lets just say i'm not ansel adams. in fact, i'm not even a distant relative with my photog skills, but i've made it a goal to improve myself in that area. i mean i'm such a fabulous blogger, i should have the photographical (is that a word?) skills to match, right? okay, on to the rest of the photos that were taken so generously not by me, but by my awesome mom who made sure everyone in attendance was documented.















the whole gang at the church post-blessing. we make that side walk look good

































10 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

You look awesome my friend. Sofi is adorable, but did we expect anything less. I am glad you had so many people there. Pretty sure we are going to be lone doggin' it when Case is blessed. Too many people too far away...I know boo hoo. Love ya friend!

usandkids said...

It was great fun!!!!! Weird to only have three kids w/us though. Had a blast w/your inlaws...love them!!!:) Oh yeah, the chocolate too! I am so glad you guys are coming here for awhile. It will be that much harder whenyou do move away!!!:( I can't wait to get to see the kids more. We miss you guys!!!!!

Christensen family said...

Look how good you look my friend! And Sofi is a DOLL! I love the close up shot of her! What a fun day for you guys!

The Rupps said...

Yay! Sofi! Brian loved holding her. I talked about it on the way home and even later that week. Thanks for including us. We love you dudes!

The Rupps said...

The last post was supposed to say "he" talked about it,not "I". Sorry

McCain Family said...

Hooray for Sofi! I'm glad everything went well for you guys. You are such a beautiful little family!

Karin Hopkins said...

Wow, you look great! Sofi is so cute....love her headband! Glad you had so much family and such a good time.

Ashley and Aaron said...

I too am a fan of her headband...Sofi is already a little fashionista!

Mama H said...

Hey Tara - congrats on the blessing and getting your family all together. I loved looking at the sidewalk picture and seeing some of my very favorite people in the world! Cute Cute Sofi - love her name, too. Love you, too!

jen said...

That was an awesome baby blessing party. If you can find a group photo without Adam blinking that would be awesome.