Saturday, September 6, 2008

ta-da!!

i don't actually have any sort of magic trick to show you, let alone any pictures...just me saying the famous houdini-esque phrase because i've appeared, as if out of nowhere. i know, i know. its shameful that i haven't posted anything in three weeks, but i have an excuse. i was once again forced into the black hole of internet nothingness because i went to camas to visit the rents for two weeks. for those of you avid fans who have been patiently awaiting an installment, i apologize and here i am once again. in fact, to celebrate my return to the land of high speed, i have spent the last two hours perusing everyone else's blogs...okay, not eveyone's. first of all, i don't know everyone and b, that would take a great deal longer than two hours. anyway...dang i have missed some serious happenings...girls are pregnant, people are buying houses, scrapbooking is happening with reckless abandon, and finally the mullet was removed from a very deserving little boy (i am oh so proud of you, mindy).
for those of you i that neglected to visit during my stay on the west side, sorry i was pretty much a homebody without internet and my phone has decided to be very lazy. by lazy i mean that the battery has given up and is refusing to be the lifeblood of my lovely red krazr. i'm afraid its days are numbered. i will remedy that situation soon and hopefully be back to see you soon (this paragraph is mostly for you, heidi and mary...sorry i didn't call...i pretty much suck). on to brighter and happier subjects, my next doctor's appointment is on monday and the ultrasound to unveil the he or she of the little tike will soon follow. speaking of babies and the names thereof...any ideas? i'm kind of at an impass. i think i've pretty much got the boy name figured out, but if its a girl, i'm at a loss. right now, its between marlo and fiona. both having short versions--lo and fi. i also am fond of claire, stella, sadie, and fenley but all have been vetoed by my adoring husband. anyway, if you have any moments of genius, let me know...and if you decide you want to use whatever name you give me for your own offspring, i won't even care. i'll just be grateful that my child will be called something other than "girl." thanks in advance and au revoir till next time.

7 comments:

adamf said...

When I saw the title I thought you were pregnant again, but then remembered, yet again, that you can't get pregnant when you're already pregnant...

Names, names. Yes I like Fiona. As long as she's tough and likes to shoot stuff. We've just finished season 1 of Burn Notice (we love it, by the way!).

Fiona is a good name though. Goes well with Luke, probably better than the L names, otherwise you'd have to name your third (once again, I know you're not pregnant with #3 as well!) with an L name as well... and that is not good. No offense to a good friend of mine who grew up with 11 siblings, and all of their names started with L.

Some "Lo" names: Lois, Lorissa, Lora, Lola, Lorel, Lorelle, Lorenna... I think I like at least 2 of those. And you can't forget Lourdecita! haha.

Annie said...

hey, i'm glad you left a comment on my blog:) I remembered that you had one and i kept looking for it, because now that i'm a blogger i actually like to look at other people's blogs, but i kept trying the wrong URL... I like your green background!
and also the answer to your question is that we are vegan, except for Piper who will eat anything:)

Leslierush said...

love fiona and stella. totally adorable! we were in spokane yesterday and we called andy cus we wanted to come say hi. bummer!

Kristi said...

I know how you feel! We were totally in the dark with girl names. We didn't know if our last one was a girl or boy but we both thought it was a boy. We had a name picked out for him (Connor J Davis) but we couldn't think of a single girl name that we both liked. Sure enough, we had a girl and had no clue what to name her. My dad voted for LaFawnduh (from Napoleon Dynamite) and still calls her that. We -- in a panic -- named her Victoria Ann Davis but we call her Tori. So, find something BEFORE the baby is born! My favorite girl name was Ella and Ben's favorite name was Brooklyn, so those are my suggestions. :-)

The Rupps said...

Still on the "Lo" kick, heh! But I do like Marlo, as well as Fiona. I have to see you first before I can be set on a name. Hey another question... are you guys going to be home on Sept 20th? We are coming up for Erin McLeod's wedding and thinking of staying up there if you are home. Just let me know ttfn.
Cami

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I like your girl name choices. PS it really was awesome to see you, sorry you didn't actually get a name shout out in the blog...I am pretty sure my brain is completely absent from all daily dealings. I loved seeing you and lukers, hey I see a "lorissa" on your friend adams post...that would be pretty sweet...kidding I am not sure I would put that name on someone. Well it was fun reading, and eventually I will do another post, but for now, I got crazy stuff to do. Talk to you in a couple of days, bday girl!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Baby names--Marlo and Fiona are both so cute! I like Marlo the best, because what if your little sweetness comes outta the womb with a raspy baritone like Ms. Apple? Might be a little much on the newbie. Anyway, guess what my favorite girl name is for real? SADIE. So tell Andy to get with it and take it off the chopping block. It's SWEET, and there is a very real probability that I'll never get to use it. Let me live through you!