Friday, November 20, 2009

sorry victoria...


warning: if you are a die-hard edward/twilight fan, don't hate me

new moon

i went. i saw. i laughed...and not because robert pattinson was spot on with his comedic timing. no, the movie just really wasn't great. the acting and the long, i'm looking into your eyes in a way that is supposed to be yearning and longing and painful and smoldery, but turned out something like-i'm really hungry. now, you must know that i wasn't really expecting a whole lot in the first place, but it really still managed to disappoint somehow. sorry to all you twilighters or new mooners or whatever you call yourselves. if you loved it or will love it, kudos to you.

in all fairness, i do have to commend taylor and his angsty in a good way, playful version of the wolf that would be bella's number one if he could. he really stole the show (that could've been given away for free if you ask me). he acted well. he really understood his part and he didn't look so bad either. in fact, he looked downright like i wish he was 10 years older. dang.

well done taylor. rob and kristin-eat something. whoever you are that plays jasper-yeesh...and dakota-i'm sorry they dressed you up like a five year old. you did a stellar job, though. all things considered. good luck with the next one! ahem...you're gonna need it...

10 comments:

Annie said...

tara! get yourself an ergo, and don't feel bad about buying 2 carriers, i've got 20 (literally) they replaced shoes and bags for me when i had kids:)

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Interesting assessment. I am going tonight and have really been hoping for a better movie than the last one (since they have a bigger budget, whatnot.) I really hate the Kristin chick and did NOT understand the author when she raved about getting "that caliber of actor" to play Bella. Ugh. But then, I didn't like Bella, the character, until the last book, so maybe poor Kristin didn't have a chance anyway. Here's hoping I like it better than you!

adamf said...

Well, Nat liked it a lot more than the first... I haven't seen it yet though...

Amusing that you refer to "you fans" and "yourselves" a lot, given that you saw it less than 24 hours within its release, and I'm assuming you've read the books. My Dr. Sweets diagnosis? You are trying to distance yourself from the discomfort of being a fan of something that is no longer pleasing... Excpet for Jacob's 8-pack, of course! :)

Amy Nielson said...

Haha, I like "adamf"'s diganosis of you. There is a little irony there, yes?

I agree with you on many, many points. Bella is hard to stomach, Edward just doesn't do it for me, & Jacob was by far the highlight of Twilight. Wow, I just thought that up. I'm good.

Now, if you don't go in expecting much (i.e., "I hope this is better than the first one"), you won't be disappointed. Good synopsis Tara!

tara said...

you're right, adam. i am distancing myself from something that i used to like. i'm realizing that the further i'm getting from reading the books, the less i like them. the whole crazy, pandemonium thing is kind of what i don't want i haven't enjoyed.

i apologize for my hoity-toityness...i didn't realize i sounded harsh. i saw it early because my sister-in-law rented out her own theater. what can i say? i've got connections

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

ah funny girl. I definitly have NEVER like Kristen Stewart. Was sad to see Robert Pattinson suck it up...and yes I like Taylor too but was ticked off to see his character so very likable and not at all cocky and teenagish like in the book. SO who wouldn't switch teams to Team Jacob after that...I mean it was a losing battle anyway with his glistening abs of steel. A white pastey Brit can't compete with that.

Okay, so I didn't hate the movie. I still love the books better.Probably mostly because of Stewart.

Well I guess that is it. I love ya tons friend. We should really chat sometime.

adamf said...

Hahaha, sure, the old "my sister in-law rented a theater so I had to go excuse." :)

I can relate on not liking all the hubbub around it and that actually making it less enjoyable. That's how I felt a little about LOST back when people were actually watching it in the first two seasons. Now it's back to normal and much more enjoyable.

On the other hand, it's kind of fun to go to any popular movie like this on opening day because of all the hysteria.

Crystal said...

I like to call the fans "TwiTards"

usandkids said...

That is okay I can find someone to take your ticket next time...Team Edward all the way! I am married to my own Edward! I am so VERY luckY!

McCain Family said...

Oh Tara, please don't lose your love for these books. It's all just fun and games, right?
I did enjoy the movie. I do wish there could have been more of Bella and Jacob and the wolf pack. Obviously the books are better, as is the case in most books turned movies. But still fun none the less :)
It would have been fun to go together!